- Learn the case plan for the primary caregiver(s) and, more specifically, the children
- Provide children with age-appropriate activities and programs
- Assist with preparing and serving nutritious meals and snacks for the children; ensures food handling and storage follows appropriate safety guidelines.
- Monitor behavioral issues and responds appropriately ensuring that children are safe
- Attend staff meetings and participates in safety related initiatives
- Adhere to all internal policies and procedures
- Ensure the House Leader is kept apprised of all issues related to the children’s well-being and safety
- Complete ad hoc or regular reports (e.g. incident reports, daily log books).
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of child/family information.
- Perform related duties as required
- Excellent Interpersonal
- Able to Initiative
- Patient and flexible
- Strong Problem Solving
- Safety minded
- Great Team Player
Formal Education Post-secondary education in a related field ( e.g Early Childhood Education or Social Work Diploma) is considered an asset.
- CPR/First Aid is required
- Training in behavioral and crisis management is an asset
- A valid class 5 drivers license is mandatory
- Employment is conditional upon a positive outcome from a criminal and vulnerable background check